My Pleasure Kevin.
Her SD tangled with a Jacked up Jeep Liberty with a Pental Hitch on the back. Idiot cut me off then slammed on the brakes. SD took pental hitch thru the radiator all the way to the Block, Busted the timing chain cover. Crunched the Front end to
the point it wasn't repairable. Did 12 Grand worth of damage to Idiots Jeep.
Teach him to tangle with a SD.

You got it right about switching to a 240 from a SD. I still hear it from her every day about wanting another SD. I'm a looking and Saving money for another
one.

Best Road car I've ever owned. She drives 120 miles a day. I'd like to find a late
80's SD or SDL with a 60x motor.

Russ W.

kevin kraly wrote:

Thanks, Russ, for the info! I'll see if everything is there (probably have to find a bolt since it's missing). What happened to your wife's SD? I couldn't imagine riding around in a 240D after having a big SD for any length of time! However, the simplicity of having one is awefully tempting to me and would be a good backup car.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1983 300SD 284K miles, Ursula