240s are a great and durable workhorse, but I'd also recommend the 7-series
Volvos, which are a great value, and have more usable space.  If I had to
drive a gasser, and wasn't hip to MBs, I'd be driving either an Audi A4
wagon or a Volvo 740 wagon.

Are the Volvo 240 series a good car?  I think they are 4 cylinders. I seem
to recall these being one of the high mileage gassers

Friend of mine is looking around 1983-1989 vintage.

Are they easy to work on?  Any stories?

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler/propane #22 0-60mph 7.3sec (220k)
'84 300D (218k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (187K)
http://users.zhonka.net/zeitgeist/Misc/IMG_0171.JPG