> <<Now they're collecting glare complains about HID lights, with the idea
> they might have to do something to about those.  I suspect the problem could
> be
> solved with a decent beam pattern, but I don't know if they're seriously
> examining that option or not.>>

The HID headlights in my car (Bi-Xenons) have precisely the same beam pattern
as any "Euro" headlight. And every single German car I've owned (12) has had
Euro lights so I'm quite familiar with them. Except my two Beetles and two
KGs.

I think the worst lights for beam control are Ford trucks and Saturns.

RLE