of course, more simply, just don't look at the silly things!

That is difficult to do, and half of the definition of 'glare' is
the reduction in contrast of the _entire_ visual field due to
scatter in the optics.  (That would be your eye, and the windshield.)

Dodge trucks and Subarus have the worst always-on fog lights IMHO.
They're like baby high beams.

I hate having anybody have headlights on until you can actually
see the road better with them than without.  That would be much
later than most turn them on.  Once there are headlights on in
the area, things like pedestrians, deer, and dogs become almost
invisible, yet I can barely see the effect of my lights on the
ground.

-- Jim