Cataracts cause "white fog" glare, the Xenon lamps cause me to close my eyes in pain. It's hard to describe -- they are so bright they cause "afterimage" spots in the daytime for me. And for a young (25 years old) friend, also all three of my brothers.

I do see "bee violet" as pale yellow, though -- bright spots on certain flowers -- so I suspect people who see more of the blue end of the spectrum than "normal" are blinded by those damned lights.

Note that I see VERY bright purple/blue glare off axis from them, not white. At night I have to close my eyes, or at least squint, it's too painful to keep then open when a car with xenons goes past the other way. And believe me, I CAN tell -- I can spot a car with HID headlights more than a mile away. Aircraft landing lights aren't as bright!

Peter