To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] leaky trunk 1983 300sD

It seems that the metal around the
lower part of the window starts to rust, and water then gets into the trunk.

Nothing can be seen topside, but upon opening the trunk and doing a closer
inspection, it appears that there's some rust on the underside of the panel
below the rear window.  I've got rust in me trunk!  I know that the window
will have to be taken out to fix it right, but is there a way around it? If
I do have to go the whole route and take the window out and replace the
seal, is there a way to prevent it from rusting again??  I guess if the
cycle repeats itself, it will be another 20 or so years until it's
discovered.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1983 300SD, 284K miles, Ursula