I can't see how it goes from the vacuum pump to the engine on this car.  There
is no vent hose to the air cleaner, the IP shutoff valve is new, and the EGR is blocked off. Where else is there to loose oil? Could it be an IP seal sucking
oil in and mixing it with the fuel???

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
'87 300SDL (270,491 mi) head case?

Quoting Bill Wachsmuth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

That's totally what happens though. I had a blown vacuum diaphragm on one
that had to be towed for a different reason and you would not believe how
oil POURED out of the tailpipe!