From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT '91 Isuzu Rodeo fast idle

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hey Kevin,
>  I'm not totally familiar with the 3.1 in the Rodeo and I notice everyone
mentions the O2 sensor as being the culprit here. I can't help but wonder
because your engine floods so much it sounds like a faulty fuel pressure
regulator. The O2 sensors are mounted just behind the manifold and a little
forward of the cats which there are two, one for each bank. It seems strange
that a faulty O2 sensor causing the flooding problem like you described. They
might allow a rich or even a lean mix depending on what the computer allows in
fault mode, but flooding like that seems like a bit much

Good point.  I don't have any experience with Isuzus, really.  I
mentioned the O2 sensor only because it's a common failure and it's easy
to test/replace.  Most older cars probably need a new one anyway, even
if they appear to run fine.