kevin kraly wrote:

> Another funny part about this whole hting is while the check engine light
> was on, it ran very well.

Because it knew at that time that whatever is wrong was WRONG.
I don't know how many on/off cycles it takes to clear the
code, but it should have set a hard code when the light came
on.
When the check engine lamp is off, the computer is believing
whatever sensor is making it do that. Pretty much the
only sensor that can let it go that far out of whack is
the o2 sensor. If any other sensor was that far out of spec,
like the airflow, manifold pressure or throttle position sensor,
the the O2 sensor would say "hey, I'm swimming in gasoline down
here" and you'd set a light for the O2 sensor reading too rich.
I expect your code will be for "O2 sensor stuck lean". I can't
remember if a high resistance connection in the circuit would
make it read lean or rich, but the wiring is always a possibility,
but I think it's more likely to be the oxygen sensor itself.

Mitch.

Mitch.