I go to the dollar store and buy the paint that is $2 a can. One can will do several sets of wheels. Looks great.

Dimitri Seretakis wrote:

I helped a friend paint his alloys on a 560SEC with
the Griots stuff.  The paint yellowed after just a few
months.  Could be that he uses those brake dust
shields that cause the wheels to heat up.  I actually
remembered hearing that the Griot's stuff was good.

Anyway, my own personal experience dates back to a
1980 450SEL whose wheels I painted for my parents back
in 1989. I was a high school student at the time. I used Dupont acrylic lacquer primer, silver and clearcoat. I
sprayed the stuff with one of those Preval sprayers. I
stripped the wheels with chemical stripper.  Sanded
between coats.  They came out beautiful.  They lasted
13 years with the finish in great condition except for
your usual scrapes and chips along the edge of the
wheel from curb and wheel mounting damage.  The car
was then totaled when it caught fire as my brother was
driving it in the heat of the summer with leaking
tranny fluid coating the catalytic convertor.  The car
had 330,000 miles on the clock with no engine rebuild.
Dimitri.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Peterson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>