You got ripped off - should be $1/can.

On 12/18/06, Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I go to the dollar store and buy the paint that is $2 a can.  One can
will do several sets of wheels.  Looks great.

Dimitri Seretakis wrote:

> I helped a friend paint his alloys on a 560SEC with
> the Griots stuff.  The paint yellowed after just a few
> months.  Could be that he uses those brake dust
> shields that cause the wheels to heat up.  I actually
> remembered hearing that the Griot's stuff was good.
>
> Anyway, my own personal experience dates back to a
> 1980 450SEL whose wheels I painted for my parents back
> in 1989.
> I was a high school student at the time.  I used
> Dupont
> acrylic lacquer primer, silver and clearcoat.  I
> sprayed the stuff with one of those Preval sprayers. I
> stripped the wheels with chemical stripper.  Sanded
> between coats.  They came out beautiful.  They lasted
> 13 years with the finish in great condition except for
> your usual scrapes and chips along the edge of the
> wheel from curb and wheel mounting damage.  The car
> was then totaled when it caught fire as my brother was
> driving it in the heat of the summer with leaking
> tranny fluid coating the catalytic convertor.  The car
> had 330,000 miles on the clock with no engine rebuild.
> Dimitri.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
(2x) 91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL,
87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, (2x) 84 190D 2.2,
81 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250
http://www.striplin.net