Would it make any sense to remove and re-torque the delivery valves on the IP?
then to do a cranking with no injection lines attached (ie a spit test?)

-j.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed Dec 20 16:55:55 2006
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:52:17 -0800
From: ernest breakfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hella Head Lights

hi Tom!

    i'd suggest starting with a good set of H4 'euro-code' lamps; truly=20
good quality lights are definitely worth the money, and you'll quickly=20
wonder why you didn't switch to a set of 'real' lights sooner!

    i've used a variety of them over the last couple of decades in=20
multiple vehicles, and my preference has been for Cibi=E9 lamps with Osra=
m=20
Bulbs. (i'm using a set of Narva +50 bulbs in our 300D now that are=20
proving to be a close second.)
    my issues with the Hellas we've tried are twofold; one is that the=20
high and low beam patterns are typically too far apart, so that if you=20
have the high beams aimed properly down the road, the low beams will not=20
project far enough forward. the second is that the lenses on the Hellas=20
seem to be more brittle; the H4 users in my family have had more Hella=20
lenses break than all others combined.
    as for anything labeled Zenon/Xenon, i wouldn't spend *anything* for=20
it. most of what's advertised under the misuse of those terms isn't=20
appropriate, and some is actually detrimental. if you're using true H4=20
sealed bulb lamps, you have your choice of bulbs in a variety of Wattage=20
combinations already if you decide you need more than the typical=20
55/60W. (most people quickly find out that with proper lamps, they don't=20
need extra wattage like they thought they might.)

    try what's been working for most of the rest of the world where they=20
weren't subject to the arcane absurdities of DOT lighting regulations=20
first, then see if you need to do anything else.   ;-)

    this can can be a lot of help:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com

cheers!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Do allot of 1:00AM in the morning driving schlepping all over the North=
east=20
> with work.  Eyes are getting worse. Car is a 1979 240D.
> Anyone hook up these Hella lights with zenon bulbs on a 123 chassis?   =
If so=20