Larry - you might try the PB Blaster treatment, and then hammer on a proper size box-end wrench. I've found that trying an open-end wrench is just asking for it to be rounded off. And I have an offset 10mm just for those hard to reach and stubborn M-B fasteners!

Werner

----- Original Message ----- From: "LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 3:53 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Bleed Screw Removal

Howdy -
   I checked my rear caliper on the 91 300D (W124) and noticed the bleed
screw is not in very good condition.  I cannot get a wrench on it as the
flats are too damaged.  Vise Grips only damaged the screw further.  I
suspect I'll probably remove the caliper to do this as access is limited
with it in place.

   Any suggestions for removing it without leaving half of it in the
caliper?   I suspect I may have to spring for some reverse drill bits - I
believe Eastwood sells them --

Happy New Year --
Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)