Yes there are, I think, 2 rubber rings holding the muffler up. Big fat
O-rings. Should be aesy to get at any dealer or Rusty.

On 1/2/07, kevin kraly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The 300SD has been getting some use since it's so much easier than
maneuvering a full size Dodge pickup around town.  I've noticed a rattle
when going over bumps which I had thought was something in the suspension
until I was riding in the back seat.  It turns out that it's the rear
portion of the exhaust system.  There's supposed to be some sort of hanger
holding it up which isn't there now.  It looks like there should be a
rubber
ring that hooks around the bracket on the underside of the car and the
bracket on the muffler.  Is this correct?  I need to do something about it
since it's annoying, not to mention unsafe since the muffler can fall off
or
drag.

Thanks!

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR