On 1/3/07, OK Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Good find!
It "flashes at one Hertz during impulse output." I wonder if the
output occurs during the fault condition, or only when using the
"impulse counter" to determine the code?

My interpretation is the former---the flash alerts you to go hook up the
impulse counter to the special terminal behind the battery (somewhere near
the Klima relay, I think) and pull the code

Where does one get an
"impulse counter" - and just what is it counting? Would an
oscilloscope do as well for manually counting pulses?

I have wondered this as well!  It would be nice to get around needing
another special M-B tool. I bet Jim C. knows.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'92 Isuzu Trooper