A few years back I made an impulse counter with directions and part numbers
supplied on one of these lists.  IIRC, it worked, but I could not find a
code sheet for the SDL.  I'll look for it and the instructions, maybe
someone could get a use from it.

Harry

On 1/4/07, Alex Chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/3/07, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > "impulse counter" - and just what is it counting? Would an
> > oscilloscope do as well for manually counting pulses?
>
> I tried on a 201 panel.  No joy, nor could I use my old
> HP 1630D logic analyzer to get anything.  The bursts are
> too quick, spaced too far apart.  Drastically different
> time scales, both important to the job.
>
> Mega-sampling via something like a PC parallel port with
> simple signal processing might do the job easily, though.

Would these work?
http://www.surplussales.com/Meters/MtrImpulse.html

Or this one?  I envision it in a nice little project box with leads to
plug
right into the climate control test connector.
http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1001

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'92 Isuzu Trooper