He also said that synthetic won't work as well as dino...(higher flash  point
maybe?) And then he added the caveat that our cars are designed  to run on #2
diesel and not concoctions of motor oil. I imagine he will  chime in and repeat
what he said.

  Chris

Chuck Landenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Hans,

IIRC, Marshall said a while or two ago that a quart of motor oil in
with a fill up of diesel fuel was about the maximum...

Could be wrong tho......

Take care,

Chuck
Phoenix AZ

On Jan 3, 2007, at 10:06 AM, Hans Neureiter wrote:

> Long ago there was a discussion on how much drained engine oil
> (Mobil 1) is
> OK to put in the fueltank.
> I am finding it more and more difficult to drop off used oil at mac
> parts
> places. They act annoyed and let you wait.
> At $ 2.50+ a gallon diesel it would also cut down the initial cost
> of the
> oil.
> --
> Hans Neureiter, Houston, TX
> '82 300SD, '95 E300D

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2006 GSD, "Anke"
-1985 300SD, 218K, "Wulf"
-1982 300Dt, 117K, "little blue klatter box"
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, "One Banger"
http://mail.yahoo.com