Okay guys for those of you with 1992-1995 S-Class cars when your car goes
into limp mode get it fixed, don't do what the previous owned of this car
did and drive it with 6 of 12 cylinders working for any length of time.
Tends to create a s***l*** of problems.

Because of this inattention to detail I believe I have a stuck oil ring on
number 2 piston. Dave Walton was over a few weeks ago and didn't think it
was injector nailing and we both agreed that the exhaust needs tightening
up. Aside from pulling the motor and repairing it anybody have any
suggestions on what chemical works the best for removing the built up
carbon/scafootz on the ring(s)  from properly working? I thought the GM
product TOP engine cleaner would be my best bet but I wanted to check with
the list first.

For reference: http://www.greenmediaonline.com/uploads/shoptalk/0508_st.asp

The procedural steps I would use would be to drain the oil and remove the
oil filter, remove spark plugs and fill each cylinder with x amount of
cleaner, hand crank it over a little and let it sit overnight. Drain the oil
pan then remove the pan to see what is in there ie: particulate matter.
Motor uses 1 qt of M1 15w50/100miles. Before I have valve stem seals done I
thought I'd try this. This is a V12 gas motor. Runs strong with ALL kinds of
power. Just burns/uses oil and has a noise in there.

Will also look at replacing both EGR valves and cleaning the EGR tubes.

And to make it more interesting my back was operated on to remove the cancer
and am relearning how to walk.

Sorry Kaleb not for sale.

James Zavesky
1991 500SL 49kmi