HTH and take care,

Chuck
Phoenix AZ

On Jan 5, 2007, at 6:48 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

"j" asked about the odor was that of feline urine....

No it is from some "pee bomb human fluid" which spilled during the filling process. The latest trick is to throw these "pee bombs" at cars for things like 1. Just being on the road, 2. not accelerating fast enough or 3. not going 90mph when being two inch tailgated.. 4. other reasons based on joy and happiness. I know, I have been hit by two in the last six months on the interstate in PA once I was able to finally get over and they passed me on the left. One hit my windshield and for the life of me I do not know how
it did not break.

Regards Tom Scordato
1979 240D
----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 9:31 AM
Subject: [MBZ] Adblkue/Bluetec question

I was behind a freightliner the other day and noticed a peculiar smell from the exhaust (when I wasn't behind it I didn't smell it)... the odor was that of feline urine.... Any chance that this is a result of a poorly tuned aqueous ammonia injection system (Adblue/bluetec) such as is used by the
MBE900's in newer trucks?

Oh, and whats the preferred method for removal of avian fecal deposits from cars? (I know that prevention is much better, but Baltimore city gets
kinda annoyed when you start popping an air rifle off to deal with
feathered miscreants who have nothing better to do than "decorate" your
vehicles.)

-j.

(See, no four letter words ;)