Would it be better for the vehicle's health if I let it sit undisturbed
until I intend to actually drive it? And why would it be better?

That is a relatively short time, if inside especially, for anything
but the battery and the fuel tank.  And you have those covered.
I'm sure that'll be best for it.  If you don't run it for long
enough each time to completely cook combustion moisture out of
everything you'll do more harm than good.  And it takes quite an
idle to fully heat up, nor is extended idling particularly good
for it.

-- Jim