My 1958 Chevy Impala convertible came with a 283 V8. IIRC, the 1965
also had the 327 and 396 as options.

On 1/7/07, M.Afzaal.Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Planning to import  so called ' crated' engines for a  1958  and a  1965  Chevy
Impala convertible .

currently these have straight six engines as were  fitted to most GM export
models of that vintage.
what  common  V-8 engine should be ordered for these cars ?
I am sure some on the list will have trove of knowledge in this area and will
appreciate advise and insight to this engine purchase

Thanks
mak
220S     62
230       66