We had the SD out today, I'm so happy with this great car! The button next to DEF is definitely the way to go, and the system works very well! The fan changes speed as it should, and it doesn't have to be HOT HOT HOT in there all the time!

I noticed an exhaust leak near the front of the car, and when it's idling with the blower on, there are exhaust fumes coming into the car. It's not noticeable when driving down the road though. I guess the air is pushing the fumes toward the rear of the car and out of the ventilation system intake. Another thing I've noticed is that the car idles better when cold than it does once it's warmed up. There's one cylinder that has some very minor but noticeable injector knocking/clunking going on, probably the source of the slightly shaky idle. Once it's off idle, it disappears as does the shaking. Once the weather gets a bit drier/warmer, I'll be able to start doing some fine tuning and, of course, a valve adjustment.

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 265K miles, Ursula