The dry sump was also used on the M100 engine, Triumph motorcycles and lots of aircraft applications. I think the 300SL (not the 90s one, but the real 300SL) had a dry sump. I believe the water cooled Allisons, Rolls Royce and Daimler-Benz V-12 aircraft engines of WWII were all dry sump

At 08:09 AM 1/19/2007, you wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> What I'm wondering is how the lubrication system works, since it is
> pretty obvious that you can't have a sump and the oil would
> seemingly accumulate in the bottom piston(s)/cylinder(s)...

LOL.. I was wondering exactly the same thing this morning...

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230