That's because most truck owners are like Harley riders -- they think
noise and rough operation is a mark of quality.

My neighbor has a LOUD Harley and a KLATTERY KLATTERY 2000 Dodge q-cab with a 24V Cummins Diesel which would fit this stereotype perfectly! Personally, I like the way that the '06 Cummins performs, and it does so without the noise exhibited by the previous generation engine, even at startup! Speaking of startup, the second it catches, the guy revs the ***** out of it and races off! MB content: The 300SD has been starting reliably, a couple chirps of the starter and it's running.

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 266K miles, Ursula