None of the 86 on up diesels say diesel on the back, they just say turbo, 2.5 turbo etc, till you get to the 95 E300, it says diesel on the back. Then when the turbod it it says turbodiesel. The 140 started out not saying anything, turbo or otherwise. I think the last year or 2 of them said turbodiesel, although that may have been something somebody added on. I have seen them say that but didnt think they came that way orignally.

kevin kraly wrote:

The one-year-only 1987 300D doesn't have the word Diesel on the trunk, just the D in the model name and the Turbo badge on the right side. I guess this Bluetec" thing takes it one step further. BTW, is there any badging on VW Diesels other than the TDI badge? It's funny that a Diesel car isn't "cool", but any pickup powered by such an engine is clearly visible, D I E S E L!

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD TURBO DIESEL 266K miles, Ursula
2006 Dodge Cummins 24VALVE TURBO DIESEL Q-Cab PU, 2500 miles, the BEAST
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 (2x) 91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL,