I think it's kind of funny how so very many people demonize George W. Am I
wrong in thinking that our President is merely a figure-head? I really don't
think that the Comm. in Chief makes many decisions at all, rather he's a
personality - something to believe in, ideally, but lately, something to
hate.

I welcome corrections if I'm wrong, but I don't think that the Pres. himself
makes many, if any decisions.

As for G.W. the man: While I don't think I'd get along with him, as most
successful, dominant personalitied guys and I don't get along, I don't think
he's necessarily a bad guy. He doesn't put on airs, and he's not afraid to
proclaim his faith, however un-PC it may be today. I respect that. and while
he's not very articulate, that doesn't mean he's stupid. I know a number of
people who are not good with the King's English, but are very smart.

Is he crooked? I think so, to an extent, but then I think that virtually ALL
politicians are crooked because that's just the way the system works. Do I
think that Kerry is a more virtuous person than GW? Come on. Clinton? Come
on.

I'm not saying I am a Bush-lover, or even a Republican. I make decisions on
a case-by-case basis. I am just saying that to view Bush as the great satan
seems short-sighted.

brian