LT Don wrote:
> It is unfortunate that our leader must ride around in bullet-proof vehicles,
> insulated from interaction with the common man over whom he Lords.

That's been the trend ever since Kennedy.  The Henry Ford Museum has a
collection of Presidential vehicles.  It's interesting to see how the
trend was towards making the President more and more visible right up
until the Kennedy assassination.  After that point the cars started to
look more and more like tanks.  The last car they have is Reagan's.
>From a distance, on TV, it always looked like a fairly normal Lincoln
limo, but when you get up close you realize it's heavily armored and
could probably go through a brick wall and drive away from the other side.