From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:49 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] [OT] The Imperial Presidency

Hell, if I were the Prez, I would have a whole bunch of old Benzes in
the back, I would have probably hopped in a 115 or something and just
drove over there.

Werner Fehlauer wrote:

> A good example of where our tax dollars are being wasted:
>
> This morning, on a drive from NJ to DC, I had occasion to drive by
> Newcastle
> County (Wilmington) Airport,  and lo and behold, there sat Air Force 1
> (747B) in all its glory.  Seems the Prez had to make a visit to duPont
Labs
> on the Western side of town, so he flew that big bird from Andrews AFB to
> Newcastle (about 80 air miles?).  That would have been after the limo had
> somehow gotten up there (perhaps by C-17?), and Maine 1 had flown from the

> Rose Garden to Andrews.  I didn't see the motorcade as it had already
> transported the entourage up the highway, but I'm sure more than a few 9
mpg
> black SUVs were there, and of course the obligatory State, County, and
City
> police, ambulances, fire trucks, etc.  There still were 5 police cars
parked
> strategically on local roads, and 5 DelDOT highway trucks, ready to block
> traffic on I-95 and local roads.  Of course, the inconvenience and waste
of
> taxpayers time and money while waiting on blocked roads, and loss of work
> productivity at duPont don't count.
>
> This trip could have been made in less time and a whole lot less cost
> if
> Marine 1 had just flown up to Wilmington directly, and landed on the
duPont
> grounds.  But that wouldn't portray the proper "image" for the leader of
the
> Western World!
>
> Aren't you happy and proud that you can contribute to this expense??
> Anyone
> care to estimate the cost of this little junket???
>
> Werner
>
> M-B content: probably none, unless there were a few Chrysler products
> in the
> van.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  (2x) 91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL,
  87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 84 190D 2.2,
  81 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250 http://www.okiebenz.com

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2006 GSD, "Anke"
-1985 300SD, 218K, "Wulf"
-1982 300Dt, 117K, "little blue klatter box"
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, "One Banger"

From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Jan 25 15:28:17 2007