Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:48:27 -0500
From: Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cold and fuel gelling
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Even if the fuel you buy is winterized, most commercial fuel in the US
is only winterized to about zero (F) temps. Then of course if there's
any water in the fuel (water condenses into the fuel from the air in a
less than full tank every time the temp drops below the dew point of
the
air) that will freeze and block fuel flow. Whenever you anticipate that
temps will drop below zero if you add a dose (or double dose) of an
anti-gel into the fuel and allow it to migrate clear thru the fuel
system, you will seldom have ANY trouble.

If you do less than that, you WILL have problems.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)