Howdy -
I changed the oil today and I checked the post that goes down the center of the oil filter. I checked the hole in the end and the hole near the top of the post - both seemed clear but there was a blockage about 2" up from the bottom. It seemed to be very solid. I tried to push it with a large paper clip and it wouldn't budge. I tried to blow carb cleaner thru the bottom hole and only got some seepage from the upper hole. Same using compressed air - very weak flow.

3 questions - is the post supposed to be hollow with a clear opening between both holes?

   What's the purpose of the holes in the post?

   Is this covered in the WSM?  Where?

   Thanks -

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.