On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, dave walton wrote:

> Stay away from DHL. when shipping bare parts. If you are in a position
> to negotiate a volume discount, DHL will give you the cheapest
> contract rates. They will also give you the most grief on a regular
> basis, however.
> FedEx is usually he next cheapest.
> UPS is unionized, but their driver productivity is the highest and
> complaints are the lowest.

Then they havent been listening to peeps like me. UPS is great if it does
not matter WHEN you get it. 90% of the time, I can plan on at least one
day after the expected delivery date, even with blue.  It does not matter
if the item is shown as "out for delivery"... (Mis-scans do happen!)..
calling the customer service line leads one to eventually realize that the
folks there have a different view of reality than what you, or even the
folks at the local UPS depot, have.

They once lost a package (a server) went AWOL in san-fran for a couple
weeks once, being shipped from oregon to maryland via ground... I have
received spherical cardoard boxes, and have seen (more than once) an item
marked delivered that was NOT delivered (it did show up on my doorstep
sometime later that week, leading me to believe that someone dropped it at
the wrong doorstep).  I don't have any of these problems with Fedex.

-j.