Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:21:47 -0500
From: "Werner Fehlauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Are these legit workshop manual CDs?
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

That does sound like tight valves, keeping the compression too low to
build
up enough heat to combust the fuel.  And yes, with everything working
properly (glow system, fuel, battery) I still believe that 10 seconds
is
plenty long enough (I get concerned if I don't hear the engine fire up
after
3 revolutions, which isn't very long at all).
My JD4100 (1 liter, 3 cyl Diesel) which doesn't get run often in the
winter,
may take 5-8 revolutions to fire up, which still is probably only 5
seconds
or so!  And it has no block heater, and the battery is 5 years old.
Werner

From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed Feb 07 20:03:52 2007