Well, Dad and I went out yesterday to take a look at it. before we got there, the owner had started it up and turned it around in the driveway. He left it idling for a couple minutes before it died. Since it had been sitting for a few months, I tried the primer pump which he knew nothin' about and proceeded to attempt a prime. A moderate amount of fuel gushed out (old screw-in type), and I couldn't get the necessary 10psi behind it to kick excess fuel past the squeaky sounding valve that routes it back to the tank. It caught on three cyls, but not enough to get it to run. We tried a little starting fluid which did very little. Next, we tried jumping it to get a bit more cranking speed, but still no go. The owner left the charger on it all night to get the battery up to the max. He just called me to inform me that it still wouldn't start. Even if it starts which is unlikely, the car is nothing special, pealing clearcoat, cracks in the interior including dash cracking and major cracking in the top of the rear seatback, missing dash wood trim, non-working radio, and hey, it's a non-runner at present. It does have new tires on Bundts and a passenger's side mirror, so it's worth at least $500. Believe it or not, the trunk is DRY!

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 266K miles, Ursula