To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Black '85 300D update

Larry,

If low compression or no compression on a cylinder or 3 is the situation
with this car, wouldn't it be obvious due to the sound of the starter? When it's coming closest to starting, it sounds like it's catching on 3 cylinders
out of 5.  I do have a compression tester.  This may be the best way to
assess the condition of the engine if he'll let me do it.

Kevin in HIllsboro, OR
1983 300SD 266K miles, Ursula