HINT; under hood see where speedometer cable goes; if it has a "cable
tie" attaching it to back of engine  in oil housing area; remove cable
tie(you can put another one on after the job); this will allow the
cluster to come out further to get to items that need to be unplugged or
unscrewed, such as oil line, & speedometer(makes it much easier  & more
room to get your hand behind it)
as Jim states, the non insulated spade lug going to clock; seems to be
only thing that can blow a fuse if touched to back of metal on inst.
cluster; after getting tired of changing fuses every time i pull cluster
;  i change mine to insulated one so doesn't blow fuses anymore
when cluster removed you can take inside on table & work on it where it
is warm or cool inside; you can also remove & check all light bulbs &
clean then; even install brighter ones in the 2 dash illuminating
sockets;if your dash light dimmer is not working properly, now is time to
change it or you can solder a jumper across it to stay on bright all the
time, believe me in my opinion it will not be Too bright ; I leave mine
on full brightness all the time; (did this once to save money)
i also repainted all the instrument hands, couldn't find florescent
yellow, so used flour.red paint

Steve