Mitch - I've only been down there 70 - 80 times [inlaws lived there for 20
years and it was part of my territory for 11 years], and while hurricanes are
somewhat unpredictable I think it safe to say one will not hit in February.
The other factor down in the lower keys is that there is nothing to let the
water stack up and get too deep.  It just flows througn into the gulf.  Doesn't
help with wind, though.
BillR
Jacksonville FL