Jim - sounds like you acquire obsolete "treasures" like many of us do. So far I've managed to keep old computer stuff down to perhaps 8 cu. ft., which is a lot better than the ham radio gear, which still takes up well over 200 cu. ft. - and that's after taking several very nice (in their day) Model 28 TTY machines to the scrap yard, and finding a good home for an old Collins

In my collection is a TTY 40 chain printer.  Along with three Mac
Portables, several 'Bump Macs', including an SE/30.  (I last used
it a couple of jobs ago.  I had it on my desk for simple drawing
'cause I only needed what MacDraw would do, yet the only offering
from the co. was Visio.  Huge package, and non-intuitive I thought.
I'd just do it in MD and paste it into Word.  From there I could
transfer the file and paste it out of one Word doc into another.)
I also intermittently use the IIci, which is a nice little machine.
I have a copy of DesignWorks for it, that may be what I use to do
some more house what-if's.  That copy of DW refuses to run under
emulation, and the demo copies that are native are quite restricted
and can't open the basal house drawing I already made.  The Portables
are what I run my home finances on.  Instant-on, no waiting.  (Static
RAM, there is no OFF, only Sleep.  And access to my finances back
to the beginning.)  So many such things at my house are not
entirely obsolete at all.  (But could be made so, were it
necessary.)  My boy, for example, has his own computers: a Grid 3
and a Mac Minus running KidPix.

I have it bad, but of late I've really been trying to control
the acquisition phase.  Bringing in a 40kW Kohler and the 25kW
MD-3 really did soak up some space, however!  Anything that can
sit outside in the woods is no problem, but not very much that is
interesting can really tolerate that.

-- Jim