hi Tom!

actually, if you pay attention to the details, you should be able to see it's 'ernest', as shown in my e-mail addy (not eArnest). secondly, it's not *my* list of complaints; i can't take credit for the work of J. D. Powers.

i missed where that listing of complaints you refer to came from; can you share it? i'd like to see it, though i admittedly don't find it unreasonable that in this day and age all manufacturers should be able to supply brakes that don't squeal; especially seeing as how some obviously do. as i suggested earlier, odds are appearing higher that you may simply be more accepting (read: have lower standards). ;-)

cheers!

Tom Hargrave wrote:
Earnest's data shows that American car manufactures had a little more
than 1 defect per vehicle on 06, which is a true fact.

What his data does not show is the number one reported defect in 06 for
all vehicles was brake squeal.

Break squeal? A manufacturing defect?

I bring this up because as quality improves, so do our expectations. I
bet break squeal got no-where near the top of the list in the 90's  I
also bet that it was a problem in the 90's.

Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com