Well, actually, I have 2 cars with the dual zeniths, and both are more than $500 cars. This particular one is a 69 250 4 speed manny, in VERY good shape. PO spend a buttload of money on this car fixing all sorts of things. Other car is a 72 250C, coupe, so its worth messing with as well.

Loren Faeth wrote:
That is a prescription for prolonging the agony. The cure is to pull the engine and put in a Diesel.

Seriously, the Zeniths are notorious for never running right. The tops are usually warped, and that will never allow them to run right. Klebbie is not going to spend $1000 -2000 putting webers on a $500 or less car. In my experience you can get them to run ok at speed, but not idle right, or you can get them to idle, but not run right on the road. The common cure is to set the idle way high. (Or junk the car) This works ok for a highway car, but it makes a crappy 'round town car.