I'm looking to move into a bigger place with more parking and garage space to house just this sort of cheap benz deal. I have a connection with a painter who happens to be on my dragon boat team, so it would be cheap enough for me to get it painted. Even if it turned out bad in the end and was only good enough as a parts donor, I bet the outside temp display would be worth at least the $250 to someone. Is there a way to retrofit one into a 1983 300SD? Oh, and I wouldn't mind some new tires for my SD either although the current ones are OK. The car won't be driven for a while since the exhaust leak is getting more serious. It's packing/moving time, so it won't be needed too much.

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 266K miles, Ursula