LT Don is NEVER OK!   Just ask hin!!

I got home Wed night in the predictions of freezing rain and snow. I was lucky to get home. All the roads are pretty much shut down while the wind howls. If an ambulance is needed out of town, it goes behind a snowplow. The national Guard is rescuing those foolish enough to try to travel yesterday. All the roads N-S between Polk County (Des Moines) and Story County (Ames) are closed and impassable, including I-35 and US 69. I had planned to use yesterday to cut up all the downed limbs from the storm last weekend, but I decided to wait until after this storm.

This is very much like the April 22 Blizzard in 1973 except that one hammered eastern Iowa and this one hammered western Iowa. the really deep stuff is from Omaha to just west of Des Moines. After that one, I drove across I-80 in my Black 200D through a channel cut in the snow. Most of the drifts were 15-25 feet high. It was truly amazing.

This is just a reminder of the insignificance of human endeavors and why the term "blizzard" was invented here.

I am still waiting for global warming to occur, so we can have a tropical climate here like we had a few geological ages ago.

This wind is supposed to let up this afternoon and I will start to shovel out then.

Loren
66 200D, Black
et al