On Mar 16, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Tom Hargrave wrote:

By the way, Windows is attacked so frequently because it's 80% of the
install base. Apple is just as vulnerable and Lynux is more vulnerable
but the virus writers don't bother. They are much happier attacking the 80% install base. If the roles were reversed and Lunux or Apple were on
top then everyone would be bashing that OS for its vulnerabilities.

Oddly enough windows music copy protection is attacked just as much as itunes copy protection even tho 95% of the bought music on the internet is itunes based. So does that mean itunes copy protection is really good, or windows music copy protection really bad? So why don't we see 100X more successful attacks on itunes music protection then? Surely the same argument above would hold?

Then again perhaps these statements are from the same folks who think a ford is just like a mercedes. Funny thing is my work mate got hosed for the day as his Ford SHO coolant hose was scored open by a pulley. A *clip* broke that hold the hose away from the pulley. Funny hoses in my mercedes for the most part doesn't need clips to hold hoses away from rotating things, and funny I haven't had a clip just break. Then he asks the Ford dealer for a hose (it's an 97) and told nope go away we don't make those hoses anymore, I'm sure my benz dealer will for a price sell me a hose for the 83, and finally to add insult the auto-zone guys sell him 3 gallons of DexCool (better known as DeathCool, I understand). He is on my advice look for someone to swap it out with Zerex G-05, but in his reading it implies he must flush the block 8 times to remove all the deathcool, of couse most $39.95 flush folks won't do that much work.

John
1983 300TDt  371k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990's 300TDt  188k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 186k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)