Harbor Freight is having a sale.  (I got a fuel-pressure test kit that
has Bosch CIS fittings in it.  $70. The diesel compression tester is
again on sale at $17.)  But what was particularly interesting was a 1#
box of Alumiweld (http://www.alumiweld.com) rods.  These are some
kind of zinc alloy meant for brazing aluminum and pot metal.  $12,
usually it's more like $20 there, or $30 elsewhere.  The printed
instructions were fragmentary and the importance of a clean dedicated
stainless steel (no substitutions!) cleaning brush was not clear.  I
think I may go back and get a brush, and maybe another 1# box of rods.
This is the stuff that would probably have been very good for fixing
that window regulator.

-- Jim