Sunil,
There's your answer-if it's about lust it's worth it.  A stick 240D is worth
what you can get our of it for transportation. To respectfully disagree with
Kaleb, here in t he Northeast, a rust free 240D stick would  probably bring 3K.
 I don't know if I'd trade my 300D 2.5t for a 240D stick. (Mine is an auto but
I have driven my brother's 240D stick.)  Also the 240D has a lot fewer miles
than your 300D. HTH
Dwight

1979 240D
1990 300D 2.5t