Going from memory, if the plastic part of the door latch mechanism is missing or damged then the door will be difficult to shut. Compare it to the passenger side and see if there is a difference.

----- Original Message ----- From: "E M" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] exploded pic of 5 link rear end?

Thanks Hendrik.
Paperwork is finished tomorrow and the car will be plated. It's in the shop
now having a few things tneded to, ac fixed, rear calipers and rotors
checked and maybe changed. The drivers door required just a little bit more of a push to close than the others, so I think it's just an adjustment. I'm
new to mercedes, so I told the mechanic to look at it.  All the seams are
perfect, just needs a little extra push. It just had a good service and all
fluids are fresh, but I'll really go over it later this week.  One thing I
always do with a car is pull all the grounds and clean and dielectric grease
them. Same with all the fuses, relays etc.

Thanks agian.
Ed