Oil level is SAT.
Used one quart over and back....about normal...welll...actually better than normal.

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Landenberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] A New Level of Gutlessness

Bob,

Did you check oil level?  IIRC, you have no tach, but you may have
been hitting the top revs.  Was there oil on the rear of the car?

I ran my 300SD at high revs and lost a lot of oil.  Gauge went to 1
bar at 60 mpg.  Poured 4 quarts of oil back in and on the road
again.  Back bumper, etc., was dripping oil.

Take care,

Chuck

Also...after foggin' along at freeway speeds for a tankful of
fuel and I
go to get off the freeway...when I get to the end of the exit
ramp and
my
oil pressure drops and I listen to my engine there is a knock that
sounds
like someone tapping on an upside-down empty coffee can. It does
it only
after the initial slowdown after an extended run. What the heck
is that?

Thanks, boys.

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 170K