No this was the real deal, looked like it just came from the Benz dealer, which is just around the corner. I first noticed the 6.3 badge behind the front fender when he tried to pull out in front of me from the gas station (yeah, go ahead, see what my bigass truck would do to your new toy!), then the E63 on the trunk and pipes and wheels and all when he passed me after running the red light behind me. Sorta the whole poseur package right there. But I have seen the badge engineering on some others.

--R

Russ Williams wrote:
I rather doubt that it was a E63.
Latest thing in the hood is to re-badge MB's.
Was in My Fav MB Shop a few weeks back to chat with my buddy the MB
mech. He had a 04 or 05 S65  on the rack doing a  brake job on it.
I made a comment that you don't see many of those around. His reply was Especially like this one.
When he let down the rack he told me to take a look at the Eng.
Boy that was the Shortest V-12 I had ever seen. Actually 1/2 of a V-12.
Seems the thing to do is put the AMG bages and S Class badges on most any MB.
This one was truly a C-320.

Go Figure.

Russ W.

Rich Thomas wrote:
I saw a black E63 in the hood today, pretty sharp but the guy driving it was acting like a total dickhead. Go figure. I bet that car is a screamer, give wunnathem little puffer Porches a good run.

--R