Trampas wrote:
Well I know I have replaced the blower motor on that car and it was under
100k miles ago.
The normal symptoms of a blower motor is that it stops due to worn brushes.
Then if you kick it, the motor starts again. In my case the motor still
turns also the voltage to motor drops when it slows down, thus indicating
the porcupine is not turning the blower motor on. Additionally the control
voltage to porcupine is 7.2 Volts when the motor is running on high and when
this problem occurs.

Does the AC component go away if the blower motor is disconnected? Maybe there is a bad connection prior to the porcupine and the load of the blower is putting a voltage drop somewhere else (something would be getting real hot elsewhere though... would probably notice smoke from that ;-). Just my random $.02...

John