There are really two different failure modes for the B2. Scenario 1
(most common) is that the B2 piston comes apart but continues to seal
the bore. It just kind of floats around in the bore, simulating the
"clutch half in" feeling. The lower the gear, the more affected.
Hitting the accellerator increases the working pressure, and
eventually the B2 is pushed into place. Scenario 2 is that the B2
piston comes apart and wedges in the bore. Nothing works but reverse.
You ain't goin' nowhere but back'ards.

Gary Thompson
1995 E320