Yes and my german friends tell me Daimler stock is up 35%, however don't *ask* what it was before this debacle.

That and Daimler according the WSJ actually will pay out 500M euros as a net loss by the time the paperwork is signed due to the 7.5B going directly into Chrysler operations, financing and debit. So although 7.5B exchanges hands there
lurked folks looking for 8B of money first before Daimler sees a penny.

Still Cerberus gets 18B or something of health-care/pension debt. Wonder how they will shed that....

I wonder if the 19.9 % ownership is to keep a handle on the old mercedes technology that has crept into various
Chrysler products over the last couple of years.